Saturday, January 10, 2009

Filming on Location















While scoring on my new short, Burdened, is currently in progress, I got a chance to shoot another short film while I'm at home. I wrote this new short (currently untitled) specifically to produce while back home, taking advantage of our beautiful outdoors. It's a more optimistic and lighter story than Burdened, so it'll let me showcase a wider range of emotions and try something different.

I did a hectic but fun guerrila style shoot on Wednesday afternoon with the generous help of a few friends, and a couple of hours of pick-ups yesterday w/ my sister's assistance. Shockingly, we finished the majority of the shooting in a handful of hours, with wrap coming JUST as the sun was about to go down. My small cast/crew were helpful and really easy to work with, which helped me a lot considering how much I had to get done. I couldn't have asked for a better shoot day:































Now, I'm diving head first into editing. This short is looking like it's going to be about 5 minutes, just like Burdened. The most difficult part may be color correction, as a lot of the shots range in consistency due to the brutal sunlight. But the magic of Final Cut Pro and Magic Bullet will come through... I hope. Updates on progress coming soon!

No comments: