Sunday, January 4, 2009

Music is Key

Shooting on my new short Burdened is 98% completed. The film just needs three quick insert shots that are VITAL to the story that I didn't get a chance to get before the winter break. Here's just a couple of quick stills from another day of shooting a few weeks ago:





























I'm currently working on scoring the short, with my good friend Jeff back here in Hawaii graciously accepting the task. He's great with music, and a MASTER on the guitar. Seriously, his ear was made for music. We just had a spotting session today and talked through the majority of what we need to do, and even started with some samples. I'm excited to hear what he comes up with (the stuff he's already played for me has been awesome) as music, especially in this short (which is essentially a silent film) is the backbone of most films.

Barring any unusual circumstances, I also plan to quickly shoot another short this week while I'm at home. I wrote the script specifically to take advantage of some of the gorgeous beaches we have here in Hawaii. It's also lighter in tone than Burdened, so it'll be nice to have a change of pace.

No comments: