Saturday, January 31, 2009

Updates

The two shorts I've been working on the last couple of months, Burdened and Snapshots have been locked, picture-wise. There are still some minor tweaks to be done with sound, and both currently feature temp. scores, but it's getting pretty close. Of course, as I mentioned in an earlier post, music is the lifeblood of these shorts, and I can't wait to have the complete finished product.

I've already submitted rough cuts of these shorts to the LA International Film Festival. Maybe I'm in over my head, b/c this is a pretty big festival, but I figured I might as well try. I'm also looking at a number of smaller festivals which might give me a better shot at being screened. Exciting times!

I'm also 8 pages into writing the first draft of my next short, which will be the most ambitious of anything I've done yet. N0, there's no explosions, fancy special effects, or epic landscapes, but there will be dialogue! I spent about a week outlining the major beats of the story before I started writing, and I'm excited to have a finished draft within the next week. It's a story that features a number of more personal elements when compared to my other works.

All right, that's all the updates for now. Back to work!

No comments: